September 12, 2014

A straight line...

We visited the Hundertwasser House here in Vienna.  Architect/Artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser.  I love this guy!  He says "The straight line is alien to mankind."  We couldn't actually tour the inside of the house since it is now divided up into residential apartments.  The outside decor is amazing.  Across the street is Hundertwasser Village - which is basically a tourist trap filled with the usual things you would expect to find there.  The WC was an experience - so colorful.  I love the fact that he created art everywhere inside and out - it just makes me happy.




We also visited Belvedere Palace- filled with totally different art - but I'll save that story for another day.

Linking to:
Friday My Town Shoot Out
Friday Finds
Friday Photo Journal



1 comment:

Jeanie said...

A fabulous spot! Gotta love a terrific bathroom! Yes, makes me happy too!