October 2, 2010

Giving Thanks

Hand made gifts are the best way (IMO) to say thank you.  I recently made this thank you card for a friend.


The process:

canvas with layer of gesso and dry brushed green acrylic paint

more dry brushed acrylic paints in blue, gray, lavender

painted in area for face and hair; lightly penciled features

adding detail with acrylic paint

creating depth with Prismacolor pencils

canvas squared up, adhered to Dritz InnerFuse, free motion machine quilted.  Lastly a piece of my hand dyed cotton was adhered to the back; zigzag finished edges; personal message written on back.

Visit Pink Saturday to see more interesting things!

5 comments:

Abramyan Avenue said...

How very pretty...and perfect! I'm sure your friend loved it! I know I would have! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!
-April

Kwiltsfl said...

Beautiful, Pat!!

Donnie said...

That's so good and it was nice to see how you made it. Homemade is always the best. Happy Pink Saturday.

Maggie said...

That's amazing and I love seeing it come together!

Happy PS!

In Shoes We Trust,
Maggie Mae@
"Do these shoes match this purse?"

D. Jean Quarles said...

That is so beautiful. I agree, handmade is the best.