July 4, 2020

A Painting a Day...

I came upon the book "Daily Painting" by Carol Marine.  I love Carole's work.  Reading her book was the just nudge I needed to paint daily, paint small.   Best part is I'm painting over older work so except for the paint, the supplies are minimal.

I did these three in two days.  There was a lot of texture left over from the previous paintings which was a bonus.  I tried to loosen up my work - used the palette knife which is a lot of fun...you never know (at least I don't) what you'll get with one stroke of the knife.

Each painting measures 6x6x1-3/8.   Each will sit in a floating frame.  I've been giving a lot of my work away lately as gifts - in an attempt to thank those who make my life more enjoyable.  In this case, I'm giving each of my two cleaning ladies, Marian and Maria, a choice of one of the three paintings.  It's always nice to have a choice, don't you think?






1 comment:

ashok said...

Beautiful paintings...