February 20, 2020

Now what...

I love to create acrylic backgrounds for my oil paintings.  It's a mindless endeavor - quick and easy.  Spray water bottle, stencils, one big fat brush and even my fingers - it's just fun.   

I haven't yet decided on the foreground.  Tomorrow I'll get my charcoal out and put some marks on the canvas and see where it leads.  Who knows - it could be brilliant or not - it's the journey that counts.  This canvas had another painting on it - heavy coats of gesso over top adds some texture before adding the acrylic background.  I like to paint large - most of the background will most likely disappear after the foreground is complete - adding a bit of mystery, don't you think?


I added a vignette with watered down Intense color blocks



1 comment:

ashok said...

Love the color...brilliant Pat