July 13, 2014

Going, going, gone...

On my beach walk this morning, I came upon a sea turtle who was returning the bay.  She must have gotten a late start - it was almost 6:15AM.  At first, she looked like a big rock, but when I saw her move I knew what was before me.  It's been years since I've seen a sea turtle on the beach.  Usually I just see their tracks.  She moved quite quickly - much faster than I would have thought.  I probably startled her!

Since it was quite dark, these photos - taken with my I-phone - are quite grainy.


Linking to:

5 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh, wow! What an amazing find.

Jeanie said...

How wonderful! You always seem to find the best things on your beach walks!

Black Jack's Carol said...

I've never seen a sea turtle. How wonderful! (Whoops, someone else said that, but it's true :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how wonderful!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh what an awesome gift to be able to photograph ~ great shots ~ thanks for sharing this event ~ ^_^

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)