July 7, 2021

What happened to June?!

 Somewhere along the way, I lost the month of June.  Dealing with my husband's dementia has been challenging and exhausting.  Should we sell our home and move to independent/assisted living - a very expensive option to say the least.  After a lot of searching on the internet, I found a new adult daycare right here in my own town which opened up about 7 months ago.  It's a wonderful place.  I filled out the necessary paperwork; had his doctor sign off on the plan; TB shot and then held my breath the first day I dropped him off fearing he might not like the place/experience.  I'm happy to say, he really likes it there.  It's such a relief to have blocks of time all to myself.  It's a bonus for him too - he's meeting new people, interacting, playing games, keeping busy.  It's an absolute miracle.

I pulled out my little sketchbook this morning and played with pencil, continuous line drawing, colored pencils...a little portrait of who is anyone's guess - took about 15 minutes to do and gave me immense pleasure.  What more could one ask?!  My next plan is to pull out a much larger canvas and ENJOY!






 

2 comments:

Suzanne Sanger said...

I’m so happy you have found a solution that brings each of you joy, Pat. Paint on!

The Artful Diva said...

Thanks, Suzanne!