December 28, 2020

Wallowing...

Christmas has come and gone.  For me, it was bittersweet.  We haven't seen our children in over a year.  Talking on the phone just isn't the same.  I've been feeling very sorry for myself of late and know I need to SNAP OUT OF IT!

Creating art has always been a magic tonic.  I decided to make myself a new art journal in honor of 2021.  My intention is to fill it with thoughts of gratitude for all the many blessings I have in my life.

140lb. 9x12 watercolor paper; folded in half; Coptic binding


hole placement jig


Front and back covers made from backing cardboard of watercolor pad; glued in place; let set overnight.  I couldn't let a new journal sit naked in my studio - mark-making thoughts (not good) about 2020 and some dribbles of acrylic ink.  This spread will eventually be painted over.  Remember - NO bad thoughts in this baby!


Once the covers are gessoed and painted, it will be 2021 and the fun will really begin!

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I love the idea of no bad thoughts in a journal! And I can relate to the frustration of phone calls and face time. It's just not the same. Onward, my friend, to a happy new year!