October 3, 2020

Painting Small

 I had knee replacement surgery on September 22.  Four rounds of daily knee exercises takes up a lot of time, but I do it because I know I will heal faster.  I can think of other ways to a have a good time, however.

I got so sick and tired of sitting in a chair, I knew I had to get into the studio and work on something small - something that I could sit down to do - something I could work on for an hour or so and come back to again later.

These mixed media 3" squares are done on 140# watercolor paper - it was fun to do.  I have a number of 4" round glass top tins which will house some of these little gems and be presented to friends as a thank you for helping me out so much while I'm stuck indoors.






2 comments:

ashok said...

Good to know you are recovering fast. Art is the best medicine. Keep up the creativity. Cheers!

Jeanie said...

Your friends will be so delighted they'll never stop helping! And I'm very happy the surgery is over and that you are well on the way to recovery!