October 18, 2019

Self-Portait

It's been 7 weeks since I had a hip replacement.  I'm happy to say the surgery went well and the hip is healing as it should.  Unfortunately, some nerve damage is really making life miserable.  I've had some treatment and am hoping to feel better soon.

Yesterday, I decided enough with feeling sorry for myself and get in the studio and create!  Not knowing what to work on, I put a hat on my head, took a selfie and started this mixed media piece.

Started with acrylic paints and heavy gesso

spray with water to create drips

Charcoal sketch

Underpainting with oils

This is as far as I got today - need to take a rest

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love your new piece! And glad you are healing although very sorry about the nerve damage. I hope you can get some relief soon.

ashok said...

just amazing!