November 26, 2018

For the birds...

The quilt I'm currently working on has to take a backseat (at least for a while).  Christmas will be here before you know it and I've got tons to do to get ready.  (Our tree and other holiday decorations are up - the day after Thanksgiving - our tradition.)

We usually send our grandchildren gift cards or checks, but I still like to send along a little something to open.  I took a quick run to Michaels yesterday to see if I could find anything to get my creative juices flowing.  I saw these sweet little $1 wood birdhouses and just had to take some home.

Step 1 - gesso


Step 2 - allow to dry then sand, sand, sand!


Step 3 - apply ceramic tile adhesive through sequin waste to form roof tiles


Now I need to wait for these to dry, sand some more and paint like mad!  I'm curious to see how they will turn out.  I don't like to plan too far ahead especially on a project like this...whimsy works best that way at least for me.


2 comments:

LV said...

Great idea and job on the bird houses. You are so talented.

Jeanie said...

These are adorable and I can't wait to see the next step. Hmm. Do you have to grout or does the sequin net take care of that for you. (I hate grouting!)