November 3, 2010

Zurich - Shop Girls

Tanya and I both found just exactly the right things today - someone has to boost the economy - so we were only doing our civic duty!

A new shop on Schipfe opened today - Spirit of Silk.  We walked by the place several times over the past few days.  Tanya had her eye on some earrings on display in the window and bought them along with a delightful red silk handbag adorned with hand stitched pearls.




I had my heart set on a wonderful sculpture piece.  Susanna Ruttimann Kiepenheuer's studio is located just a few doors down from the Spirit of Silk.  Susanna's shop is not open on Sundays or Mondays.  We hightailed it down there this morning only to find that it didn't open until 2PM!  Egad - I had to wait a bit longer to finally see first hand my heart's desire.  The piece I bought is now encased in bubble wrap.  I don't dare open it for a photo - but trust me, it's worth every Swiss France I spent.  I love it!

The artist, Susanna Ruttimann Kiepenheuer

Fabulous perfume bottle display in a shop on the Bahnhofstrasse

Our dolce today was a large helping of silk haute couture.  The "Soire Pirate" exhibition at the Landesmuseum-Zurich is a must see.  




"At the heart of 'Soie pirate' is the Zurich-based textile company Abraham Ltd.  The Abraham Archive with its vast array of textile treasures sheds light on the most diverse aspects of fabrics and fashion in the second half of the 20th century..."

As you can see, we had a grand day!

No comments: