September 23, 2010

It's elementary, my dear Watson

Playing around with Photoshop Elements is addicting.  There is so much to learn - one could spend hours and hours with the software and only hit the tip of the iceberg.

I took one photograph and altered it in layers.  I took this photo at an Arcadian village in Louisiana a couple of years ago.   I just love the quick painterly effect that can be accomplished with just a few keystrokes!

Original Photo

The background layer was duplicated, then a filter added (filter-stylize-find edges).  By changing the blend mode of the duplicate layer, amazing results happen.  Each of the following has a different blend mode.

Blend Mode - Multiply

Blend Mode - Overlay

Effects - Sepia

 Just the other day, I added the "stitched line" to my blog background - but that's story for another day!

No comments: