September 9, 2009

Studio Visitors

I love having visitors in my studio. A recent article about my art work caused a flurry of emails and phone calls. As a result, Anne-Marie Grundmeier (a professor in textile sciences at the University of Education in Freiburg, Germany) came for a visit. Prof. Grundmeier specializes in instructing theoretical and practical textile competencies and happened to be in Naples on vacation with her family. Anne-Marie (left) and myself.

A favorite visitor is my daughter. Jennifer (and my granddaughters Emily and Abby) came for a week in June. We had a great time working in my studio. Jennifer home-schools her girls and is hard pressed to find a block of time to sew. She managed to design and quilt a small wall hanging for her quilt guild's challenge.

If you ever find yourself in Naples, FL, give me a call. I'd love to have you stop by for a visit.

No comments: