January 27, 2012

TP Books...

This sweet little book was made with bits of paper, ribbon, yarn and toilet paper cores - waste not want not!!

I made quite a few of these books as Christmas gifts for family and friends.



I thought it would take a lot of time to gather enough TP cores to make the books - but we use more TP than I thought because it didn't take long before I had enough to start the project.  One thing I discovered is not all TP cores are the same size...different brands...different size!

Flatten the cores, cover with decorative paper (glue on); punch holes on one end.  My book contains three "pages".  Decorate pages with paint, clip art, lacy paper, etc.  I made small cards in Photoshop Elements - with poems or sayings - printed on water color paper; hole punched in center on one end, decorative ribbon threaded through hole.  These cards were inserted into the "pages".  Tie pages together using yarn or ribbon.
This was a relatively quick project.  Consider making one (or more) yourself the next time you need a small gift for someone special.


Linking to: 



20 comments:

libbyquilter said...

sweet~!!~
and so very creative~!

:-)
libbyQ

Teresa said...

Thanks so much for sharing this Pat . . .the finished result is lovely . . Teresa x

bohemiannie! art said...

Beautiful book! Lovely idea!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

You are soooo clever. Funny thing is, hubby said to me not too long ago what a shame it was I couldn't think of something to with them....Wait til I show him your idea!

HPS!
Jil ♥

Michelle said...

Going "green" for pink, I see. Very cute idea, I love making up little books, last one I did was using brown lunch bag. The fun never ends, thank goodness.

The French Hutch said...

What a great and creative way to recycle those holders.
Pretty colors. Happy Pink Saturday.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Lorraine said...

Supercute and creative!! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Chubskulit Rose said...

See I have been saving those but couldn't come up with an idea on what to make them, thanks for this one.

Pink Bathroom, have a great weekend!

PS. I am now your follower.

Marti McClure said...

Your little book is so cute and so clever! We made something like this in an Art Club that I am in but I just love the way yours are bound. Thanks so much for sharing. I just love it when I click on the link and find hand-created pieces of goodness. Happy Pink Saturday! ~Marti

LV said...

How smart you are taking really nothing and creating such a nice piece of work.

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

What a great idea and explanation.

"Thx for sharing.

HPS

LL

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Wonderful..You have an amazing blog..I must be a follower here :)
Thanks for visiting & writing me :)
Love ~

ann @ studiohyde said...

What a great idea Pat and they look so good, I'm sure your friends and family must have been really pleased.

Geri said...

Now how cute are these! A true creative soul...that's what you are!

Terrie said...

Who would have thought to reuse these cylinders in this way? So clever of you! and the end result is just charming! Thanks for the visit.

Kia said...

This is such a lovely idea, Pat! :)
So clever and charming.
Have a lovely Sunday!

Marilyn said...

Amazing creativity here. I just throw mine away. I love what you did.

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a beautiful recycle project! I'm so glad you posted the instructions. I would like to make some of these.

Angie said...

Hey, these are really cool!

Justine said...

you are so clever, this looks amazing