March 25, 2011

Getting Started...

A blank journal page can be daunting.  I like to build up background layers.

matte gel medium used to adhere torn book pages and wine label to the journal page


layer of gesso brushed randomly over top


blue acrylic paint applied with hard brayer then rubbed off with baby wipe


yellow acrylic paint applied with old credit card


orange Neocolor II crayon added to white edges; wet brushed


Next week I will post showing the progress of this journal spread.

For more inspiration, go to Pink Saturday.

7 comments:

Terri Morse said...

Hi Pat! I definitely suffer from blank page-phobia. This is a great way to begin. Have a lovely weekend! Terri

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Wow, gorgeous!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Tricia said...

I love this! I am an altered book junkie and I have been doing lots of backgrounds lately. I'm going to have to purchase some baby whites. I have just gotten into Art journaling, which is a happy sort of altered book, too. Happy PS!

Blessings,
Tricia

Char said...

That sounds like a lot of work, but oh so worth it.
Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Annesphamily said...

You are so artistic! HPS and I am so glad I came over. Have a great weekend. Anne

Jori said...

Wow! you are so talented. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Happy Pink Saturday! I am your latest follower!! :)

pinkkandy said...

Happy Pink Saturday...Ladies....another week-end traveling the pink highway....God Bless you and remember to hug someone...only if they want it!