August 1, 2024

The best part...

The best part of making these creatures is figuring out “how”.   My dad was a carpenter.  He used to drive around on trash days, pick whatever caught his eye, and use it for something.  He didn’t create art, per se, but he liked making do - and so do I!  I’ve been known to dumpster dive - but don’t tell anyone... 

"Wildflower Nymph" 
 Paper clay, acrylic paint, acrylic ink, found and/or vintage objects
                        
                                      
“Madame Blue and Her Yellow Flower Boobelahs”
(My friend, Suzanne, comes up with the best names!)
I had a bit of silk and thought I’d tart her up a bit.  
Her dress is trimmed with a cupcake paper.  
Paper clay, acrylic paint, acrylic ink, wooden spools

Both of these figures were made to hang on the wall.  Accomplishing that is a story for another day!






No comments: