July 24, 2024

Here's the Styrofoam!

I am keeping my sanity by staying busy!   Working intuitively - with only a vague idea of what these girls will grow up to be.
 
Styrofoam cone cut in half covered with tape and paper clay; created head, face, and hands out of paper clay; dowels for arms (I had to cut them down twice otherwise she looked like an ape with really loooong arms!)  At book club a couple of weeks ago, the hostess offered cupcakes.  I took one home and gobbled it down!    The brown “ruffle” is the cupcake paper I cut to size. Waste not - want not. I’m unsure if I will use it, but I think it could look good - to be determined. 



vintage shoe stretcher - created head, face and flowers with paper clay.  There is a lot more that I want to do her - still thinking about it…




                        
                          Both of these pieces will (hopefully) hang on a wall - I love a challenge!


No comments: