March 15, 2018

Here We Go A-Travelling...

Our friends and neighbors are French and spend half the year in their home in Brittany.  They have invited Richard and I to visit this summer.  We're super excited about the trip.  The flights, hotels, etc. have been booked. 

As usual, I made myself a travel journal.  I made something similar a couple of years ago and since the design worked well, I made a couple more - (one for me and one for a friend who going out west this spring - don't tell it's a surprise - the journal NOT the trip!)

7x10" paper 

print pages

fold papers in half, add holes to signatures with Japanese punch (each signature consists of 4 fold pages)

Assorted papers

paper adhered to canvas - overall size of canvas cut to 15Wx7.5L

water color soluble crayons - that didn't work as planned

layers of acrylic paint - that's better - it changes again with more paint (see #2 below)

color scheme for journal (#1) inspired by Cezanne

Dupioni silk adhered to reverse side of canvas (wonder under); holes punched in spine
 

(journal (#2) colors more suitable to out west); stitch decorative thread around all sides to front side of cover 

My journal (#1)

Journal #2






1 comment:

Jeanie said...

You will adore Brittany. Go to Cap Frehel and St. Malo (among tons of other cool spots!)

I love your travel journal. I'd love to take a class from you to make something just like that!