February 10, 2017

Not ready to give up...yet

I kept painting away hoping this would turn into a masterpiece - NOT!!  I do like it a lot better than what I ended up with yesterday.  The proportions are off - one head too large - the other smaller than it should be.   (I just realized how sad they look - must be the way I'm feeling showing through.) There are things I like about it too...which I NEED to remember.

My motto is "success is in the effort".  I tried and know eventually my oil painting skills will improve.




5 comments:

LV said...

I think you are doing very well. Only another artist would see anything wrong. Keep painting.

Jeanie said...

I think you are doing well, too, and I love the faces. We are our own best and worst critics. So, listen to the "I can do this better" part and not the "it's not good enough" part! Listen to us, too. We like it!

Lux G. said...

Don't give up just yet.
Cheering you on!

Beautiful artwork, btw.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I heart this...it is beautiful

Peabea Scribbles said...

Wow, if I could only do half this good. They do kind of look sad, but I also see serene and peaceful as if looking staring off at something they think is beautiful. I like it....

Peabea@Peabea Scribbles