November 24, 2010

My brothers,my sister and me...

I miss my family especially over the holidays.  Our kids and grandchildren live in Chicago while we bask in the Florida sun.  My siblings are in Michigan, Minnesota and Washington state - brrrr.

We celebrated our first family reunion in July and it made me realize how much they mean to me.  I need to work on my drawing skills and thought it would be fun to draw a representation of my family.  I started with my brothers, sister and me - we were a lot younger, of course!

Roberta, Pat, Barney, Michael

It's Thanksgiving and time to celebrate family.  I hope you have a wonderful, blessed holiday!

6 comments:

bettyfromtexas said...

This is delightful. . . . Happy Thanksgiving!

Nacole said...

Very neat Pat! Sure wish we were basking in the sun, but instead we will trek across the snow and make our way to Chicago for Thanksgiving. Thinking of you guys-blessings to you and your family!

winna said...

this sketch of the siblings looks like it came from a good storybook..

Dan Kent said...

Love the style of it!

Tiffanee said...

Very cool!! What a great memory and a treasure to share. You are so talented!!

Anonymous said...

Indeed this is a great way to brush up on the drawing skills. :) Love your whimsical, charming style.