September 11, 2010

Taking My Show on the Road

I have been invited to exhibit my quilts at Carl Schurz Haus in Freiburg, Germany.  The exhibit will be on display October 15 through December 13, 2010.  I'm really excited about this fabulous opportunity.


I have been planning for this trip for almost a year now.  It has been a real eyeopener - so many details and things to think about!

In anticipation of this trip, I made myself a travel journal.

Photographed a map of Germany showing Freiburg



Altered the map in Photoshop Elements and created a page for each day 



White 6x9 envelopes painted with watercolor


Circles cut out of card stock painted with watercolor; holes punched in center



Clasp created using these circles and attached to envelopes.  These envelopes will hold postcards and other memorabilia I find along the way! 



Pages stacked together and attached to covers



Covers made of "fabric paper" and glued to cardboard


Finished journal

Checkout the Pink Saturday blogs!


3 comments:

Gabriele Agustini said...

I am so excited to read where you will be going!! OMG!! I lived there for a year, when I was 15!!
It was a beautiful town!! I'm almost teary-eyed remembering it. Enjoy every moment!!
The time you put into that journal was amazing!!
Fabulous job!!
I can't wait to see photos from your trip!!
Say hello to Freiburg for me! :)

D. Jean Quarles said...

Congratulations! How wonderful for you. Can't wait to hear more.

Gabriele Agustini said...

Hi Pat,
You asked if I could recommend any place in Freiburg, that you should visit. Unfortunately, it's been so many years that I was there, I can't remember any, really.
I was a kid and it was in the '60s.
I just remember quaint little shops and wonderful orchards and scenery. I'm sorry I'm not more help.
I can't wait to see pictures and read all about it, on your blog!! Have a wonderful, safe, fun-filled trip!
And the best of luck with your exhibit!! Your work is stunning!
Best,
gabriele