December 9, 2017

Oh Christmas Tree...

It's a rainy, cold day even here in SWFL.  I did manage my daily walk, but my brain was going faster than my feet.  We're hosting a dinner party in a few days.  I decided to make some small Christmas trees as a gift for our friends.  Perfect way to while away the time when it's so glum outside.


The trees were made completely out of miscellaneous stuff in my studio.  A little gold paint and glitter goes a long way to make these trees look festive.

2" wooden cubes, drill hole in middle (top)

torn scraps of book pages, ribbon, wrapping paper, trim, etc.

hors d'oeuvres sticks, wooden bead (painted gold), 
brass star (hole punched) adhered with 527 multi-glue
glitter added

glass marbles adhered with glue to bottom of wood cubes
(these will serve as feet)

stack torn papers in graduating sizes small to large on stick;
glue stick into drilled hole
VOILA!!





2 comments:

ashok said...

very creative :)

Jeanie said...

These are SO cool! Just the best! We should have done these on our crafternoon. I love it to pieces!