September 25, 2017

Laugh or Cry...

On September 10, 2017 Hurricane Irma tore through Naples with a vengeance.  As a result, I haven't been able to work in the studio - I really miss it.  I didn't realize how much stress I was under waiting for the storm, going through the storm and finally dealing with the aftermath.  My husband and I were really lucky.  Our house had no damage.  The discomfort/inconvenience of no electricity, AC, cell phone, wifi or drinkable water was minor compared to thousands of people who were affected quite harshly.  Nevertheless, the storm took its toll on my psyche.

A couple of weeks ago, I made some armatures for art dolls I had in mind.  Over this past weekend I picked up where I left off.  So often during the time of the storm, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry - I did both!  That's the direction this art doll is going...




 




4 comments:

ashok said...

very nice

Judy in Michigan said...

Thought of you during the storm and kept checking your blog to see if you were ok. So happy you made it through with no damage but I can imagine the toll your psyche took. Looking forward to seeing how these dolls progress. Take care.

Judy in Michigan said...

Forgot to ask, how did you make the feet??

Jeanie said...

I am so grateful you had no damage to the house. Clean up is a bear but a lot less so when you still have a roof over your head.

I love your doll beginnings. Are you going to develop a series of Irma dolls? I survived Irma? They might work!