October 31, 2011

Madrid - Day 1

Yesterday was a very long travel day.  We are so happy and excited to have arrived safely in Madrid.    The weather is sunny and crisp.  Even though we are exhausted, we wanted to get a look around the area near our hotel.  (I need to get a map to find out the names of things/places I'm taking pictures of!)  A threat of rain for tomorrow - couldn't find the umbrella I was sure I had packed - we found a shop specializing in umbrellas and bought one.

Catalonia Gran Vin - where we are staying

boulevard leading to park

fountain at Plaza de Cibeles

I think this is City Hall - across from the fountain

Puerto de Alcala

Central Park - plenty of flowers in bloom

lake in the park - lots of boaters out

Buenas noches!

3 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

Hope you have a great visit, love the photos and look forward to reading more about your time there.

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

thank you SOOOOO much for sharing these gorgeous photos and i sure hope you have a picture perfect trip!!!!! looking forward to reading more about the trip and seeing more photos! ENJOY!!!!! : ) hugs...

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

How beautiful city hall is!! My gosh, it's like a castle. {giggles} I'll watch for more pictures.

Have fun,
Steph ♥